Seems like every time I whine about something, an answer shows up. Guess I should whine a whole lot more!
Last post was about misinformation and the most frustrating of that misinformation was the incorrect father's name on my great grandmother Icie Brewer's death certificate. My grandmother (the informant) gave his name as John Brewer when, in fact, it was Argyle Homer Brewer. Luckily she had the mother's name correct.
I was recently on Ancestry and I got a leaf by Icie's name. The leaf turned out to be the social security application and claims index. By the way, her surname used was Meester. (See last post for explanation of that mess.) It was only an index but it included her parents. And, it's something she filled out. She listed her father as A H Brewer and her mother as Parthenia C Massey. YEA!!!
So, of course I ordered it. Can't wait to get it in the mail so I have documentation to disprove other documentation. I may not be able to "fix" everything these two women documented incorrectly but this one is a big one for me in terms of documentation for lineage society membership.